Go the Extra Mile with Osprey’s New Aether 65 Sustainable Backpack
While most backpacks are usually similar in functionalities, this one genuinely stood out for me. The very first thing that strikes your eye is the stunning deep winter blue color of the Osprey Aether 65 backpack. The second thing you’ll likely notice is that the material is clearly of very high quality.
This Osprey backpack has obviously been designed with the best possible traveler and outdoor experience in mind. There are multiple compartments, like a zippered sleeping back compartment with a removable divider, and handy side pockets for a water bottle on each side. If you are a backpacker who also likes to pack light for day trips, you’ll be very excited about the detachable DayLid, which converts into a daypack. It is quite thoughtful and makes the backpack multifunctional. It also comes with a 100% recycled rain cover. An impromptu tropical downpour will no longer spoil an otherwise epic hiking trip!
Tread lightly on multi-day treks
Planning a multi-day trek? No need to worry about overloading your back as several features have been provided for maximum comfort. The Airscape Suspension foam back panel molds to your body and the new Custom Fit- on-the-FlyTM Hipbelt and Shoulder Strap are easy to adjust. They avoid shifting and provide ample support in case you are going to be covering many miles in one go.
Reduce your travel footprint
In addition to the practicalities, the most amazing quality of all is that this product is made of sustainable materials. Osprey, an established travel and outdoor brand, aims to become the most progressive and sustainable hard goods brand in the world and they are well on the way! They developed this line of product using high quality Bluesign® approved body fabrics and PFC free DWR. Additionally, by injecting the molding in the AirScape Suspension, they drastically reduce plastic waste.
- The Bluesign standard was created in 2000 to ensure sustainable textile production and protect human health. It guarantees that the company took painstaking steps to minimize their impact on the environment. “BLUESIGN traces each textile’s path along the manufacturing process, making improvements at every stage from factory floor to finished product.”
- PFCs or perfluorinated and polyfluorinated compounds, are harmful man-made chemicals that are found in all sorts of everyday items. They are used in DWR (durable water repellent) coatings because they repel water, dirt and grease. Once released, they spread widely and it takes hundreds of years for them to break down.
The TravelRebel Verdict
“This is by far the best backpack I have ever owned and as an avid traveler and backpacker, I highly recommend it for both hikes and general backpacking.”Charlotte
Why we are convinced this Osprey backpack goes the extra mile?
- Undeniable quality:
- Osprey is a renowned travel and outdoor brand & market leader in their field
- Sustainable materials:
- High quality Bluesign approved body fabric
- PFC free DWR
- Eliminate plastic waste by injecting the molding into the AirScape Suspension
- 100% recycled rain cover
- Designed with all the practicalities you could wish for:
- Multiple compartments to pack everything you need, with straps to adjust as you see fit
- A detachable daypack for when you want to travel lightly on a day trip
- Dual side pockets for water bottles
- A zippered compartment for a sleeping bag
- Maximum comfort:
- Customize this backpack according to your preferences and carry significant loads comfortably thanks to the Airscape back panel which is “molded” to your back & the adjustable hip belt and harness.